Shopping & Entertainment Close
Go play in nearly a million square feet of world-class shopping, dining, drinking and entertainment.
A regional retail center on Candlestick Point will be the destination for shopping in San Francisco. Here you’ll find the part of the City that never sleeps—with echoes of Paris’s Champs Elysees and the Sydney Harbor. Discover an energetic downtown vibe and no end of ways to sustain a 24-hour lifestyle for those who are always on the go. Shop till you drop in the chic retail centers, then savor the offerings of a voguish dining scene and trendy bars right on the Bay.
Theaters, cafés, and a 10,000-seat arts venue will make The San Francisco Shipyard a prime destination for arts and ideas. Local bands, national acts, theater companies, ballets, chamber orchestras, authors, lecturers, artists and happenings are just a few of the headliners you might find in the neighborhood.
Spirited Neighborhoods Close
The San Francisco Shipyard and Candlestick Point: two distinctive neighborhoods, each with an unmistakably San Franciscan character.
The San Francisco Shipyard
Find yourself at home in a self-sustaining community with a neighborhood feel. Stop by that hip clothing boutique or single-origin coffee shop on your way to work. Broad, shaded sidewalks will make for pleasant strolls to the farmers market, or your painting studio, or the beach.
- 4,000+ residences in townhomes and condo flats
- Mom & pop retail along the neighborhood main street
- Acres of parks for families
- New art studio space for one of the nation’s largest artist communities
- International African Marketplace
In the reimagined Candlestick Point, immerse yourself in all the bustle of an urban downtown. It’ll be a major draw for the City and beyond, with hotels, high-rise condos, and a trendsetting retail hub.
- 6,000+ residences in a vibrant mixed-use setting
- Luxury brand and boutique hotels
- Award-winning restaurants and bars
- A regional retail center to put San Francisco on the world’s shopping map
Open Space Close
With acres of parks and miles of shoreline, there’s no limit to what you can explore.
Over 300 acres of The San Francisco Shipyard and its companion community, Candlestick Point, will soon become protected open space. Discover big parks, microparks, marshes, grasslands, and gardens—all designed to bring nature right to your doorstep.
- Candlestick Point State Recreation Area
- Grasslands Ecology Park
- Cultural Heritage Park, showcasing the history and culture of Hunters Point
- Over two dozen new parks across the neighborhood
We’re restoring over six miles of shoreline to reconnect The San Francisco Shipyard with the Bay. The area will be a launch for all sorts of aquatic diversions and a healthy home for creatures from herons to Dungeness crab.
- Last Port shorefront park, with 15 acres of bayside meadows and paths
- Two waterfront promenades
- Waterfront Recreation and Education Park
- 300-slip marina
- Bay access for windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, and more
Sustainable Living Close
Good for the people, good for the planet. The San Francisco Shipyard is at the helm of a major movement in sustainable urban design.
We envision The San Francisco Shipyard as a place of fewer cars and more neighbors chatting on tree-lined streets. It will be a holistic community, a safe and healthful place for residents to live, play and work. Sports fields, expansive sidewalks, bike lanes and miles of trails will help people stay active and thriving.
- A LEED-NH community
- Sustainability programs including habitat restorations and renewable energy
- Fuel-saving automatic waste collection systems
- Native-only landscaping
- Bay Trail for cyclists and walkers
- Water trails for sailing and kayaking
Innovation Hub Close
A new Urban Innovation District will be a haven for thinkers and tinkerers, curators and creatives.
At the Shipyard, artists and inventors will work side-by-side. They’ll bump into one another at the local brew house. They’ll learn from one another. The Urban Innovation District will be an incubator for new businesses and a space for makers, for collaborators, for people with big ideas. A partnership with SFSU will bring innovation and the arts into conversation together. And the facility will exist alongside a community of more than 300 working artists. It will be a fertile growing ground for the next generation of innovative companies and a space for artists of all kinds.
- A 300,000 square-foot waterfront R&D center
- Incubator for emerging technologies
- Exhibition space for green design and materials
- Coworking facilities for cleantech, biotech, green businesses, and digital media
- Maker labs for inventors of every persuasion